Friday, January 28, 2011

A Different Me...

Change is irrefutable and the reality slowly settling on your brain is that you don’t know me! Your sunrises were fallacies and at nightfall all that is left to be seen is who I have become in spite of you. Who that is, is untamable which only reiterates the reasons why you don’t know me. These chains you've wrapped tightly around my fate required no key to unlock and if there is a God then only he can predict what unsettling futures await. Freedom is what you kept from me and life is what I stole in the night. My shadows were pleasantly unseen and creations of mayhem, like breakfast lunch and dinner, satisfied my appetite. Control is what once fueled your impression of me but this me, whom you don’t know, sees no time on the clock. The ticking that was once heard has faded into the background, overwhelmed by the bass beating through these speakers. Your favorite song is what I once was, but that unrecognizable melody you keep hearing played over the radio, whispers the simplest words “You Don’t Know Me”.
-EH      

1 comment:

  1. tears in eye, she's looking at my face, "what is different about this time?", each tear falling, fighting them back to no avail "I am different!" shouted out...in life sometimes the only difference is "me" and when our reality is no longer compatible with the "me" that is now, we feel pain yet that pain is so beautiful because it signifies the death of who we were and the growth into who were are supposed to be

    ReplyDelete